C80 chartplotter

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
mechone1

C80 chartplotter

Post by mechone1 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 am

Hi Luis, I have a raymarine c80 chartplotter, vespermarine 750 and a standard horizon
Gx1700 dcs radio radio hooked up to A1 and B1 @4800 and Ais hooked up to A2 and B2 @ 38000 chartplotter hooked up to A3 and B3 @38000
I get Ais and dcs to chartplotter and Wi-Fi but I do not get info from chartplotter to Wi-Fi
Which is my wind depth, temp etc.
If I hooked the chařtplotter to A2 and B2 I get all the info but can't get Ais and dcs to chartplotter .What I am I doing wrong .
Any help would be great
Thanks Chris

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: C80 chartplotter

Post by Luis Sa » Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 am

Hello Chris,

I am sorry for this late comment but I am stuck in little island in the Cyclades with poor Internet connections.

I am not sure how your chartplotter receives GPS data (I assume it does not have a built-in gps) but in order to get wind and depth data to be transmitted through wifi you need to connect the output of the chartplotter to P1. And your AIS should go to P2 to be transmitted through wifi. For the AIS to reach the chartplotter use P3 connected to the chartplotter input and unchecked P1>P3 or you create a feedback loop for wind and depth.

This leaves your dsc radio (and possibly the GPS out of the system) which is unacceptable. You would need at least a further input. Bit note that I do not know your equipment and could not check it's full characteristics on the Internet.

When I return home in the beginning of October I will finish a design which has 4 inputs and will be glad to send you a unit if you help me by testing it. Until then, I am unable to assist you further.

Kind Regards, Luis

mechone1

Re: C80 chartplotter

Post by mechone1 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 am

Thanks Luis, I would be more than willing to test a 4 input unit as I'm pretty sure that is what I need to make this work.
The radio has a built in gps and transmits to the ais @4800 ( ais needs gps input) , the ais transmits @38000 ,so the chartplotter has to be set to 38000 to receive ais . The chartplotter receives its GPS ,wind, depth, speed and auto pilot from seatalk ng network.
All instruments are new i50 depth/ speed ,i60 wind ev100 auto pilot . The chartplotter also has a nmea input output jack which is hooked to p3 ,p2 is ais, p1 dcs radio

Thanks Chris