Led Lamps

Discussions on how to get parts for the Beneteau Oceanis 40 sailing boat.
Luis Sa
Site Admin

Led Lamps

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello,

It is a must to replace the 10W halogen bulbs with LED counterparts. There are 21 of these in the Oceanis 40. If you multiply 21 x 0.8A you will see that your batteries will not like the old bulbs.

gu-tungsten-led.jpg

I like the LEDs that work with AC/DC voltages up to 30 V. They are more robust and you do not have to bother with polarity. Also intensity and temperature is important. At least 150 Lm if you need similar light intensity as the old halogen bulb. Regarding color temperature, my opinion is that the cold white (6000 K) is much better than the warm white (3000 K). If you need to replace a light you should look in Google for "FriLight 8777" which is the reference for the light with brand name NOVA. There are the non-switched and the switched types.

bezels-light.jpg

If you want to use a different model take notice that there is a hole of 5 cm and the diameter of the light should be greater than 7,5 cm. The depth is also important. I got a number of replacements for a very low price from here.

led-light.gif
led-light.gif (3.84 KiB) Viewed 13637 times

At present these lights are normally available with LEDs inside and are more expensive than the halogen ones. Osculati has the part numbers 13.877.64 and 13.877.65.

led-lights-osculati.jpg

If you only need to replace the switch look for 125 V 3 A mini lever switch. They are difficult to find as they are very small (they fit a 6 mm hole).

125V-3a-switch.jpg

I got one from this portuguese electronic shop. A solder iron was needed to fix the switched light!

Regards, Luis