I am developing a Nmea 0183 multiplexer based on the 2-core ESP32 processor board. Sailors or any one with interests in electronics may wish to participate in a tests that I am carrying out. For that purpose I still have a couple of PCBs that I can send to interested persons for a small cost. Please email me if interested.
The schematic diagram is here and the firmware is available in this file: NMEA4WIFIV15.BIN. The settings web page is this one.
The multiplexer has an user interface very similar to the existing Nmea2Wifi but includes some enhancements. These are the main characteristics:
- bidirectional data transfer (from wired ports to wifi and vice versa).
- 4 input Nmea 0183 opto isolated ports with baud rates adjustable from 4800 up to 38400.
- 1 input of the 4 inputs can read SeaTalk1 datagrams and translate into Nmea 0183.
- 1 RS422 output with adjustable baud rate from 4800 up to 38400.
- Nmea 0183 sentence filtering on each serial input port (including UDP and TCP) and on the serial output port.
- support for UDP and TCP protocols.
- 6 Leds to show the operation status.
The PCB that I used during this development phase is shown here: