probléme lecture seatalk 1

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
AL15000

probléme lecture seatalk 1

Post by AL15000 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello I have a NMEA4WIFI. I can dialogue with the input 4 programmed in seatalk1 and output udp and tcp. I have maxsea time zero and tz iboat on ipad. I get to establish the connection and the frames scroll on both systems. But none of the two can display the data. Is there a problem of transformation of the seatalk1 frames into nmea? i did a test with wifi4 tool using data from the input nmea file on the usb port (input 1) and it worked well in udp and tcp on both maxsea application. Find attached a file of the data received
Attachments
20190705_181634-min.jpg

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: probléme lecture seatalk 1

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello,

I am sorry but I could not completely understand your problem. Please describe it as fully as possible (vous pouvez ecrire en français).

Please make sure that you have firmware version 2.6!

Regards Luis

AL15000

Post by AL15000 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:00 pm

bonsoir j'ai bien installé la version bin 26 . je me sers de l'entrée p4 en seatalk1 et la sortie p4 vers udp et tcp ,je n'arrive pas à afficher les datas sur maxsea et tz iboat bien que la communication soit établie dans la configuration de maxsea et tz iboat . Les 2 logiciels me disent que les connexions sont réussies . Alors je vois défiler les datas (voir fichier joint) mais n'affiche aucun data ni gps sur les applications maxsea .Je me demande si il n'y a pas un problème de traduction de donnée seatalk1 en nmea . Par ailleurs j'avais fait un test à la maison en déclarant l'enrée p1 en usb et la sortie p1 vers udp et tcp .puis j'ai relié avec un cable usb du boitier au pc . Avec le logiciel nmeawifi4 et la fonction tool transmission j'ai fait un simulation d'envoi de données avec le fichier nmeawifi.nmea là j'ai bien reçu les données en udp et tcp sur mes application maxsea et tz iboat.
Cordialement

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:04 am

Hello

Thank you for the clarification. I will answer in English (you can reply in French).

Could you please tell where you got the enclosed data? Is P4 the only input? Was the enclosed data taken with another app receiving wifi or you get it with maxsea or tz iboat?

In the first email you say that both apps scroll the converted (from Seatalk1 to Nmea183) data. So it looks like you that the answer to my questions in the previous paragraphs is that you get Nmea183 data but it does not show correctly.

Note that I have no experience with Maxsea or iboat. You say that you tried the nmea4wifi tool. Can you record in a file data that is not displayed correctly? If you can, you could try to broadcast that data with the Nmea4Wifi tool (in an existing wifi network, multiplexer off) and see if you can get the right display.

You refer gps data. Do you receive depth or wind data? I have received feedback saying that depth and wind is OK after my last firmware.

Have you an android phone? Could you try using an app for Android? Just to make sure if it is a common problem or something related to the maxsea or iboat apps?

I am sorry for the not being more assertive.

Regards Luis

AL15000

Post by AL15000 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Bonsoir je me sers que de l’entrée 4 en seatalk . j’Ai sauvegardé un fichier de données que j’ai reçu sur Maxsea venant du boîtier wifi4.J’ai utilisé l’entrée 1 en usb et relié ce port à mon pc et avec tools j’ai transmis le fichier que j’ai sauvegardé venant de Maxsea et là j’ai reçu les données sur Maxsea.
Cordialement

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 am

Bonjour,

Could you please confirm the origin of nmea data file "j’Ai sauvegardé un fichier de données que j’ai reçu sur Maxsea venant du boîtier wifi4"? Was this file the result of the Seatalk1 to Nmea183 conversion by the the multiplexer?

Assuming that the file was converted from Seatalk1 and that it shows correctly when you transmit it by USB on port P1, then it looks like the conversion is OK.

Now, when you try to display the data arriving at P4 in Seatalk1 format and sent to to your apps by wifi, do you try UDP and TCP separately? I mean UDP only or TCP only? Setting to zero the port number of the inactive protocol? I would suggest to try each separately. Also - are you sure data is being read by multiplexer? Is the green led for P4 blinking? And is it being sent by wifi? Blue led blinking?

I have no means to replicate your setup. I wonder if you could try Android (SeaWi is very simple app) just to check if converted data displays ok. Or OpenCPN on your PC. OpenCPN is very versatile and very useful for debugging.

Once more I regret the problems that you are experiencing.

Regards Luis

AL15000

Post by AL15000 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Bonjour j’ai une bonne nouvelle j’ai trouvé le problème j’ai téléchargé la version 2.5 et cela fonctionne bien.Donc le problème vient bien de la version 2.6.Par contre j’ai une erreur d’affichage de profondeur ,ce problème devait être corrigé avec la version 2.6 .Avec la version 2.6 l’affichage de la profondeur est bon mais le reste ne fonctionne pas.Je pense que le problème de la correction de l’affichage a entraîné un bug pour les autres données.
Cordialement

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Hello,

Great! In one or two days I will check carefully what is the exact difference between the 2 versions. But on version 25 Seatalk1 conversion should be wrong. I am on anchor and when I will be in a marina I will come to this problem.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for all the trouble.

Regards Luis

AL15000

Post by AL15000 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Ok pas de problème cela ne presse pas bonne navigation
Cordialement

AL15000

Post by AL15000 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Bonjour je reviens sur les problèmes de la version 2.6 avez vous trouvez le problème.La version 2.5 fonctionne bien mais la profondeur toujours erronée.
Cordialement