Struggle with OTA update

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Cormoran

Re: Struggle with OTA update

Post by Cormoran » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello Luis,

The problem was in my system with the newer version of esp32 core. Arduino refreshing sometimes the board "drivers". I used before to nmea4wifi firmware update the last version of esp32 core (1.0.3 not the 1.0.0) in Arduino Ide. You may use the 1.0.0 version too, that's why you have no problem with it I think.

Kind Regards, George

Cormoran

Post by Cormoran » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 am

Hello Luis,

I seen on the new firmware today only (3.1) I'm upgraded the "old" 2.7 on my equipment and yuheeeeee! Looks like working well correctly, not only my PC. Working on my Android and iPad too much better and FASTER than before! The simulation mode is great and working very fast on my Android and on my ipad!)

Thanks! :-)
(I didn't try yet my Raymarine i40 but after try I will reflect about it)

Regards, George

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 am

Hello

Yes it is super now! It was obviously a problem with the first release of the esp32 core. I did nothing on my software. I just upgraded Arduino to the latest version an got the latest version of the esp32 core. And recompiled. Problems solved!

Regards Luis

bernard03

Post by bernard03 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Bonjour,
Je me permets de vous écrire en français tel que vous l'avez suggérer à un autre participant du forum.
J'ai 2 soucis avec le NME4WIFI que je vous ai acheté.
1-J'utilise, en navigation, une tablette Android avec OPENCPN. Je récupère le signale GPS de la tablette sur mon PC par le NME4WIFI en UDP. Je souhaiterais récupérer ce signale pour l'envoyer sur ma VHF puis récupérer les données AIS de cette VHF sur ma tablette. Est-ce possible? Je paramètre UDP>P5 mais pas de signale en sortie. J'ai testé ma sortie P5 en branchant en P4 un autre GPS >P5 et ça marche. J'ai fais de multiple test, avec ou sans filtres, sans résultat.
2-En recherchant une solution sur votre site, mon firmware, n'étant pas à jour, j'ai voulu faire évoluer par les moyens que vous proposez (NMEA4WIFI.exe ou avec FIREFOX 198.168.4.1:82), mais j'ai toujours la même erreur "EPS2 did not repond or not ready for OTA!" et/ou blocage du réseau wifi.
Les 2 problèmes sont-il liés, et comment les corriger?
Cordialement.

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:26 am

Bon soir,

Je comprends français mais il est mieux pour moi répondre en anglais.

1 - I am not sure but I assume you have: (i) Android tablet with internal GPS running OpenCPN (ii) A PC (without internal GPS) running OpenCPN (?) and (iii) a VHF radio without GPS (is that correct?) but capable of sending AIS. I also assume that the VHF has a Nmea0183 input to receive GPS data) and a Nmea0183 output at 38400) to send AIS data. You use UDP to send data from the Android setting OpenCPN to send to the multiplexer and to the PC. The Android and the PC are connected to the NMEA4WIFI network. You set UDP > P5 and baud rate P5 to 4800. You connect P5 to the VHP input. You connect the VHF output to P1 (could be P2) at 38400. Then P1 > ??? ... I stop here because I may have not understand correctly your setting. Please confirm and I will discuss it further. A sketch or drawing of your system would be useful.

2 - I think you mean 192.168.4.1:82 (not 198.168.4.1:82) . If you read the comments on version 34 you will see that there is no need to remove the input signals. But since you have an earlier version the best way will be to remove the ESP32 module from the socket and power it up just with an USB cable. Just that. Then connect to the wifi NMEA4WIFI network that it creates and type in the navigation bar of Firefox or any other browser 192.168.4.1:82.

Regards, Luis

bernard03

Post by bernard03 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Bonjour et merci pour votre réponse.
1 – C'est exactement la configuration que je souhaiterais mettre en œuvre (voir schema joint). Mais sur ma sortie P5 je n'obtient aucun signale, pas de messages GPS NMEA0183 à 4800 Bd, avec ou sans filtre. Je n’ai pas essayé de récupérer les messages AIS NMEA0183 à 38400 Bd en P1 avec un GPS extérieur. Il faut que je remonte le multiplexeur sur le bateau.
This is exactly the configuration I would like to implement (see attached diagram). But on my P5 output I get no signals, no GPS messages NMEA0183 at 4800 Bd, with or without filter. I did not try to recover AIS messages NMEA0183 at 38400 Bd in P1 with an external GPS. I have to put the multiplexer back on the boat,

2 - J'ai essayé de mettre à jour le firmware en isolant le module ESP32, branché seulement par le câble USB et avec le navigateur Firefox 192.168.4.1:82, mais toujours pour réponse "La connexion a été réinitialisée......". Impossible de mettre à jour le module ESP32 qui a la révision 2.3. J'ai essayé avec Linux, W7 et W10.
I tried to update the firmware by isolating the ESP32 module, connected only by the USB cable and with the Firefox browser 192.168.4.1:82, but always for answer 'The connection has been reset ......' . Unable to update the ESP32 module which has revision 2.3. I tried with Linux, W7 and W10.

Cordialement.
Attachments
Schema du réseau.pdf
(12.4 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

bernard03

Post by bernard03 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Hello,
I'm still stuck on firmware 2.3. None of the procedures listed in this forum work. The connection is systematically cut.
During a test in the workshop with your test program I noticed that the transmission of NMEA sentences was partial. Only a few sentences were received on my tablet with OPENCPN.
What should I do?
Best regards.

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello Bernard,

May be it is better that I sent you a flashed esp32 module with firmware 37. I only ask you to return me your present module. Please send me a private e-mail.

Regards, Luis