Revision from firmware 32 to 33

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Luis Sa
Site Admin

Revision from firmware 32 to 33

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:06 am

Hello,

After a suggestion of an user, I added a "Debug Mode" in the multiplexer. While doing so I also changed the "time to sleep". Since the 1st version of the software, 5 minutes after power up, the multiplexer tests if no wifi input or output is set and if that is the case it enters a "sleep mode" disconnecting the wifi to save power. If in addition no serial input or output is set, it enters a "deep sleep mode" to save even more power. The 5 minutes started from the instant the multiplexer was powered up or reset. Now this 5 minute period starts from the instant the multiplexer is powered up, reset, or a change in settings occurs.

But the main addition was the "Debug Mode". In this mode, the multiplexer justs reads the 6 possible inputs and echoes on the settings webpage whatever arrives at those inputs. It does that during 30 seconds. At the end of this period the webpage finishes and a button "Home" is presented that directs the multiplexer to its starting webpage. You see this in the following video.

The file can be downloaded here: NMEA4WIFIV33.BIN. I appreciate any feedback before I move it to the list of available firmwares!

Regards, Luis