Difficulté mise à jour en V4.4

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
BLGPHIL

Difficulté mise à jour en V4.4

Post by BLGPHIL » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:38 pm

After the update to go from V3.4 to V4.4, unable to obtain an IP address when trying to connect to WiFi. Many restarts and several factory resets did not solve the problem of reconnecting in Wifi. The Wifi connection could finally be reestablished when I unplugged the Seatalk data wire connected to port 4.

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Difficulté mise à jour en V4.4

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:58 am

Hello,

I will try to answer here to your both questions. I am not sure if the filtering problem occurs with 34 or 44. If it is with 44 you should note that there was a modification of filtering working. In order to see what was the modification please read the settings webpage.

Apparently SeaTalk on P4 in your case does not work with 44. There was a report before with a New Zealand user and he resolved it with a temp firmware version. I am in Greece since last week but I will try to found that temp firmware. While I do that I wonder if you could use version 38? It was a very stable version for the old hardware.

Regards, Luis

BLGPHIL

Post by BLGPHIL » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Hello,
the problem of filtering the sentence ”PBA” also existed with version 3.4. Apart from this little filtering issue, I have not encountered any other problems on the Seatallk with Version 4.4.

BLGPHIL

Post by BLGPHIL » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:00 am

Hello,
In view of your answer, I specify that, when I unplugged the Seatalk data wire connected to port 4, I managed to connect to WIFI and the update to 4.4 was successful. I then reconnected the Seatalk data wire and everything is working fine. My post was mainly to warn users who have difficulty updating when a Seatalk input is connected. cordially

Ugarit

Post by Ugarit » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:32 am

Hello,

Having problems with the reception of Seatalk, I discovered this version 4.9.

I could not send it to the muliplexer, it was blocking at 4%.

After reading this post, I removed the Seatalk and was able to send this new firmware.

And now the Seatalk works perfectly.

Thanks to you :D

Arnaud

Post by Arnaud » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:58 pm

On my side not only seatalk had to be disconnected but all serial ports.
And yes solved my seatalk conversion DBT also :-)