Communication (Data not only power) on USB (automatic driver installation on Windows 10 doesn't work, no driver found)

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
babast50

Communication (Data not only power) on USB (automatic driver installation on Windows 10 doesn't work, no driver found)

Post by babast50 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:39 am

I have just purchased the NMEA4WIFI (firmware 4.4)
I want to use USB communication instead of the serial P5 output or Wi-Fi (TCP or UDP) communication

Everything works fine on output P5 but no data on USB port (I don't see an option to choose in the Web Interface like "P1 (or P2, P3, P4) > USB")
When I plug the the NMEA4WIFI to my PC (on Windows 10 Familly 21H1) with USB Cable, Windows can't find the driver automlaticaly in the "Devices Managment Panel"
Where can I find the driver and the device name to chose to install manually the NMEA4WIFI (is there any modification to do (install a 470R resistor between the TX and D4) like the post "Nmea2Wifi : Using USB communication in pre 2021 units"

Best regards

Seb (from Cherbourg)

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Communication (Data not only power) on USB (automatic driver installation on Windows 10 doesn't work, no driver foun

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am

Hello,

First of all, no need to patch a resistor like in the old Nmea2wifi multiplexer.

The driver for Windows is for the CH340 IC. Please read to the end of this topic to find a link to download the driver:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=239

Also make sure you are using a USB data cable and not a power only USB cable.

In order to get USB data operation set P1 baud to USB. Then route data to P5 and data will go to P5 and to the UBS port at the same time.

Greetings from Lesvos, Greece.