Depth recordings N2W vs N4W

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
eriknoed

Depth recordings N2W vs N4W

Post by eriknoed » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Hello Luis,

Attached is a screenshot from iPhone running Navionics.
Two traces can be seen running up-down: The left one is made by N2W and the right one by N4W (two separate recordings of depth measured by the boats transducer and SeaTalk).
I like the trace made by N2W because it is far less massive than the N4W one, but I like the speed of the N4W when connecting to my iPhone, and therefore I would like to go on using the N4W.
Do you have a trick to make the track of the N4W lighter? Is it a matter of Filtering?

All the best,
Erik
Attachments
Nmea2Wifi&Nmea4Wifi.pdf
(143.58 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Depth recordings N2W vs N4W

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:29 pm

Hello Erik,

I am not understanding your picture. Could you explain? Are you using a Nmea2 and Nmea4 simultaneously? How did you get 2 traces for depth? Could you annotate the traces so that I know which traces are you referring to? Sorry for these questions.

Regards, Luis

eriknoed

Re: Depth recordings N2W vs N4W

Post by eriknoed » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:18 pm

Hello Luis,
The depth recordings is made on two separate trips.
The trace to the left is made by Nmea2Wifi, and the one to the right is made by Nmea4Wifi.
It seems to my eye, that the trace made by 2' is far better than the 4' one, but the 2' is very slow to connect.
Is it possible slow the 4' down ie. by filtering?

I use the recordings when I sail race in my sailclub. I tell you, they are very useful:

https://tilsos.krak.dk/shared-location# ... 577/9.8734

All the best
Erik