NMEA4WIFI, Matsutec HP33A and VHF Icom M330

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Wam

NMEA4WIFI, Matsutec HP33A and VHF Icom M330

Post by Wam » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:22 pm

Hello everybody,

I just set up a NMEA4WIFI and it works great. The GPS and the AIS datas are well transfered from the Matsutec HP33A to the app Navionics on my phone. I set the baud to 36800 on the nmea4wifi, and I set "GPS+AIS" in the NMEA options of Matsutec HP33A.

I also connect the VHF to the Matsutec (as before), to receive the GPS position on the VHF for the ASN (because my VHF is not equiped with a GPS).

Here is the problem :
- if the option in the NMEA settings of the Matsutec is "GPS only", Navionics receive the position, and the VHF too
- if the option is "AIS+GPS", Navionics receive GPS and AIS, but the VHF don't receive anything.

I red that it is a problem about bauds. When it is GPS+AIS, data are transfered at 36800 bauds. When it is GPS only, data are transfered at 4800 bauds.
My VHF can receive 4800, but not 36800 bauds (I red that it's usual for a VHF).

I red in a other post that Luis you have a Matsutec too.
So I wonder if you have connected your VHF to the Matsutec, and if your NMEA4WIFI works good transmitting AIS and GPS to your app Navionics, and transmitting GPS to your VHF.

If you haven't, maybe someone knows a solution with the nmea4wifi. I wonder if it's possible to "filter" the signal received at 36800bauds on a port, and retransmit the GPS sentence at 4800bauds on an other port.

Thank you for your reply !

Louis