Windows 11 Connectivity

Discussion and support for the Nmea4Wifi multiplexer - a 4-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Fozzy

Windows 11 Connectivity

Post by Fozzy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have had to replace the laptop I was using to connect the NMEA4WIFI due to a screen failure. I was using the unit to get all by data from my onboard Raymarine network onto Open CPN. There were no issues previously on this laptop on Windows 10.

I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I have installed Open CPN and have used the same connection details as before.

UDP 192.168.4.1 Port 2000

It is however not showing any data.

It us still working on my Samsung Android Tablet with the same settings,

Anyone had any issues since moving onto Windows 11? Am I missing something else? My suspicion is it’s a laptop setting issue rather than any issue with the NMEA4WIFI,

Thanks

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Windows 11 Connectivity

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:03 pm

Hello,

I don't know how to solve the problem. Can only give some tips. In Windows 10 I can only have one application to receive UDP. I have a tool that I wrote and use to receive/transmit UDP TCP SERIAL. If I set the tool to receive UDP packets, other apps will not get those packets. It is like "the first one that reads the UDP buffer, just empties it".

Are you able to use TCP? I may try Windows 11 to see if I can replicate your problem.

Regards, Luis

Fozzy

Post by Fozzy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:49 pm

Hi Luis

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. It’s frustrating my old laptop failed as the NMEA4WIFI has been working perfecting for 3 years.

I only have the only application on my laptop reading the UDP. That is unless you are saying the Tablet is emptying the buffer as both are active at the same time?

I can use TCP but have not set it up previously on this so would not be sure on the setup on open cpn.

What address and port number should I use?

I did try opening port 2000 to NMEA4WIFI on my new laptop when using UDP and 192.168.4.1 just in case there were firewall issues.
Still didn’t work.

Regards

Adam

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:50 pm

Hello Adam,

Could you run this tool

https://vela-navega.com/forum/viewtopic ... ester#p482

and check if you receive UDP data from the multiplexer? Placing the multiplexer in simulation mode.

Luis

Fozzy

Post by Fozzy » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Hi Luis

The tool worked great thanks. Initially it was not recording any data and yet the tablet i was using alongside was fine.

I then went and checked the network settings again and despite opening the ports still didn't work. I then realised the network setting was set to 'Public' rather than 'Private' and switched it over.

Data was then coming through the NMEA Tester tool so i switched back to Open CPN and all was working!

Was bound to be something silly.

Thanks for your support