Schematics of the Nmea to Wifi multiplexers

This forum is for discussing hardware (electronics) and software design aspects of multiplexers in general.
Luis Sa
Site Admin

Schematics of the Nmea to Wifi multiplexers

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:53 am

Hello,

I used PCBWeb tool to design the schematics and the PCBs of my multiplexers. I was very used to it and created libraries for my parts and programmed a tool to clean the Gerber files that it produces. The designs are stored in our own computer but the libraries are stored in remotely in PCBWeb. Earlier this October I noticed that I could not connect to the PCBWeb servers and could not have access to my parts. I wrote emails and got no response. So I decided to try a new tool. I am using now EasyEda. I replicate the designs that I had in PCBWeb in EasyEda. After one or two days of practice I now master EasyEda. Since I developed a programme called SBuilderX to design sceneries for Flight Simulator I am used to graphics programmes. That is probably the reason why I learned so EasyEda so fast. I liked PCBWeb but EasyEda is more powerful. I will post here the schematics of both multiplexers drawn with EasyEda. Just before I started to write this topic I opened PCBWeb and, surprisingly, I could connect to their servers and get access to my parts. But I will turn to EasyEda.

Best Regards, Luis

Added on October 2020 - New units of the NMEA2WIFI multiplexer will use the dual optocoupler A2731 instead of 2 single channel 6N139. I replaced 4 discrete resistors with an 8 Pin Resistor array of 330 ohms. The layout of the PBC is also different. The functionality is exactly the same and the new PCB is called NMEA2WIFI2731
Attachments
Schematic_NMEA2WIFI2731.pdf
(53.54 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
Schematic_NMEA4WIFI.pdf
(76.18 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
Schematic_NMEA2WIFI.pdf
(54.72 KiB) Downloaded 638 times