Conversion ST vers NMEA codage incomplet de VHW

Discussion and support for the Nmea3Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer with a full bidirectional SeaTalk1 input/output port.
joel66

Conversion ST vers NMEA codage incomplet de VHW

Post by joel66 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Bonjour,
Dans les traces NMEA je vois que la phrase VHW est fabriquée avec uniquement ST20. de ce fait il manque les infos Cap true et Cap magnétique pourtant présente dans HDG et HDM.
Cela provoque un affichage incohérent sur ma tablette, Sailgrib prenant en priorité VHW avant HDG. Je peux filtrer VHW mais je perds l'info STW.
Ne serait-il pas possible de valoriser VHW avec les paramètres issue de ST9C ou ST84 .
Ci-joint le log de Nmea3wifi.
Merci.
Cordialement
Joël
Attachments
LogNmea3Wifi_TraceurP1_ST.pdf
(52.86 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

dagnall

Re: Conversion ST vers NMEA codage incomplet de VHW

Post by dagnall » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:27 pm

joel66 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:27 pm
Bonjour,
Dans les traces NMEA je vois que la phrase VHW est fabriquée avec uniquement ST20. de ce fait il manque les infos Cap true et Cap magnétique pourtant présente dans HDG et HDM.
Cela provoque un affichage incohérent sur ma tablette, Sailgrib prenant en priorité VHW avant HDG. Je peux filtrer VHW mais je perds l'info STW.
Ne serait-il pas possible de valoriser VHW avec les paramètres issue de ST9C ou ST84 .
Ci-joint le log de Nmea3wifi.
Merci.
Cordialement
Joël
Joel,
I hope that you are "OK" with an English Reply..
I think we have come across this problem before with one \NMEA4 user..
We understood that this was more a problem with the way that Sailgrib incorrectly deals with Null data in nmea messages, and that this should really be fixed by the Sailgrib developer.

However, we did a special version of the NMEA4 code for this user, where the VHW NMEA massage could include Magnetic Compass heading into the Seatalk 20 or 26 conversion to VHW IF the compass heading as seen in a Seatalk 84, 89, or 9c is "current" (internally set at 20 seconds).
But I as I recall, we (Luis and I) agreed that this option should be "OFF" in other codes that use the Seatalk to NMEA conversion, to avoid any confusion that might arise where the ST20 or 26 triggers a VHW with the "OLD" heading, when another NMEA instrument may send heading data that might conflict with the Seatalk data.

BUT, If you like, I could send you a version of the NMEA3 code that has this option switched back ON, for you to test.

Cheers
Dagnall