Absence d'entrée NMEA 183 traceur Garmin UHD 62

Discussion and support for the Nmea3Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer with a full bidirectional SeaTalk1 input/output port.
Fab_13

Absence d'entrée NMEA 183 traceur Garmin UHD 62

Post by Fab_13 » Fri May 12, 2023 3:56 pm

Good morning and thank you for your answers !
Attached is a screenshot of the configuration used.
I specify that my plotter only has a data cable with 2 wires:
- a blue for the Tx (output +)
- a brown one for the Rx (+ input)
Luis, indeed that's what I want the Garmin plotter to send data to the multiplexer on port P2. I really connect the blue wire (Tx +) on the port A2 and the brown wire (Rx +) on the port A3. Only ST and Port P3 (A3) work : the LEDs are flashing ! conversely, the port P2 LED does not light up but I know it works because I did the test as described in the manual with the jumpers.
Is it possible that the NMEAWIFI3 does not understand the NMEA183 language sent by the plotter ?
Or is there a connection that I did really wrong ? :cry:
Below screenshots with the absence of entry with the true wind (TWD) and the GPS position and COG.
Attachments
Capture décran NMEAWIFI3.jpeg
Cable données GARMIN.JPG
Last edited by Fab_13 on Mon May 15, 2023 7:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

hdmanillac

Re: Absence d'entrée NMEA 183 traceur Garmin UHD 62

Post by hdmanillac » Fri May 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Le port P2 est NMEA seulement.

Si ton capteur vent est ST1 il faut le chainer avec ton traceur ST1 et rentrer le tout sur le port ST1 du NMEA3WIFI.

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Fri May 12, 2023 6:27 pm

Hello Fab,

J'ai besoin de lire les manuels... I need to read the manuals of your instruments/equipment to understand your setup. Also a screenshot of the multiplexer webpage would help. I understand that you want the Garmin plotter to send data to the multiplexer on port P2. So you need to connect bleu to A2 and noir to B2. Did you connect the noir?

In fact I would like to know the routing of the multiplexer (if you could take a screenshot of the settings webpage that would be ok). I am not sure if you are using WiFi, what baud rates, etc.

Greetings from Mytiline, 🇬🇷

Fab_13

Post by Fab_13 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:31 am

Good morning and thank you for your answers !
Attached is a screenshot of the configuration used.
I specify that my plotter only has a data cable with 2 wires:
- a blue for the Tx (output +)
- a brown one for the Rx (+ input)
Luis, indeed that's what I want the Garmin plotter to send data to the multiplexer on port P2. I really connect the blue wire (Tx +) on the port A2 and the brown wire (Rx +) on the port A3. Only ST and Port P3 (A3) work : the LEDs are flashing ! conversely, the port P2 LED does not light up but I know it works because I did the test as described in the manual with the jumpers.
Is it possible that the NMEAWIFI3 does not understand the NMEA183 language sent by the plotter ?
Or is there a connection that I did really wrong ? :cry:
Attachments
Vue écran GARMIN.jpg
Cable données GARMIN.JPG
Cable de données GARMIN
Capture décran NMEAWIFI3.jpeg
Capture écran

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon May 15, 2023 7:32 pm

Hello Fab,

I assume you connected the black (noir) wire to screw terminal B2. You did not confirmed this.

Also I see 19200 as the baud rate on port P2. This is very strange. Normally chartplotters use 4800 or 38400. Did you setup your charplotter to send data at a speed of 19200?

Regards, Luis

Fab_13

Post by Fab_13 » Tue May 16, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello Luis,
no, actually, I did not connect the black wire to B2.
But when I do, the tracer doesn't turn on anymore...the B2 is a negative pole..but doesn't allow the current to return. Can I bridge GND and B2 and connect the black wire to B2 to get NMEA data? Forgive me, I'm not very strong in electricity, I'm quickly limited. Thanks again for your help, I'm sure it will work! :lol:
I changed the port speed and set everything to 4800 baud. It does not change anything...

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Tue May 16, 2023 4:29 pm

Hello,

If nothing connects to the B2 terminal of the multiplexer, there is nothing available to the multiplexer. You should connect the NOIR cable to B2. You should bridge.

Regards, Luis

Fab_13

Post by Fab_13 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:13 pm

Thanks Luis. I will do a bridge between GND from ST port to B2. And Hope that work :P
But why A3 port don't have a négative output...and it works ? :?:

Fab_13

Post by Fab_13 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Hello, positive feedback: it works. It is indeed necessary to associate a negative pole to the NMEA output of the plotter. So I bridged the GND of the ST Raymarine input with the B2. Then you have to play well with the speeds: I put everything at 4800 bauds.
Thank you for your help and the NMEAWIFI3 product!