'Development Mode'

Discussion and support for the Nmea3Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer with a full bidirectional SeaTalk1 input/output port.
dagnall

'Development Mode'

Post by dagnall » Wed May 24, 2023 10:03 am

In order to test some options for possible future inclusion, NMEA3_RC_1 Includes some "test" webpages that may be of interest to users.
These were intended for myself and Luis to explore, but it would be interesting and helpful if we can get feedback from other users.
AUTOPILOT MODE.
In both RC and RC_1, an Autopilot control webpage (for Seatalk Raymarine Autopilots) by using a webbrowser and going to to "http://192.168.4.1/autopilot". This will bring up this webpage:
SimplePilot.jpg
DEVELOPMENT MODE
In RC_1 I have added an extra webpage for 'development tests' This is accessed by going to http://192.168.4.1/dev
The first thing to note is that this development webpage is testing an ACTIVE and DYNAMIC link to the NMEA3WIFI.
The main title displays "DEVELOPER PAGE", but underneath it is a dynamic line that will display "Connected" - followed by a rotating line that indicates that the NMEA3 IS connected. If the line fails to rotate, it is an indication that the link to the NMEA3 has been lost and that reconnection is needed. Reloading the webpage may be all that is needed to re-establish the link.
Top level Dev page.jpg
The /dev webpage page offers four tabs that will bring up additional data as frames in the webpage.
The "ST_Inst DATA" tab will enable four frames that display current SeaTalk received Heading, STW, Wind, Depth data.
the 'AUTOPILOT" tab will enable the AUTOPILOT controls as a frame in this webpage.
with both selected: the webpage shows:
ST inst and Autopilot.jpg
The frames may be turned off by clicking the frame name boxes in the top left of each frame.

SIMMODE and DEBUG MODE
An alternate Debug display is available by clicking "DEBUG?"
This provides an interactive and dynamic alternate to the original debug mode.
It commences "PAUSED", but when this button is clicked, it will capture 20 seconds of data. This will scroll on the screen. More data can be captured if desired (and the data can be paused or re-commenced at any time).The window can be scrolled via the side bar to see earlier data. Data can be selected to copy data for any emails. "CLEAR" will clear the screen. The data capture size is limited only by the web browser. BUt if too much data is sent, the browser scroll may be very slow.
The frame can be closed by clicking "CLOSE DEBUG".
Dev Debug example .jpg
The /dev SIMMODE? will switch on the "Simulate" mode, and send out the standard P1/P2 data. "GREEK DATA".
But if the "GREEK DATA" box is clicked, the NMEA 3 will instead simulate just a Wind instrument with a slowly rotating wind at a constant 10kts. This mode was added to permit testing of wind instrument displays.
Wind test Simulation.jpg

hdmanillac

Re: 'Development Mode'

Post by hdmanillac » Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 pm

The Autopilot control webpage (for Seatalk Raymarine Autopilots) is really nice !

One note though:
Would it be possible to control +/-10° in standby mode? The pilot would thus function as an adjustable rudder blocker or to retract the cylinder before storing it.

Regards, Fred.

dagnall

Post by dagnall » Wed May 31, 2023 5:12 pm

hdmanillac wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 pm
The Autopilot control webpage (for Seatalk Raymarine Autopilots) is really nice !

One note though:
Would it be possible to control +/-10° in standby mode? The pilot would thus function as an adjustable rudder blocker or to retract the cylinder before storing it.

Regards, Fred.
Fred, Sorry for delay..
I was at the boat today and tested this.- And as you note, +- 1 /10 do not “do anything” until you are in ‘Auto’.
However, I do not think this is anything we do in NMEA3 as I think we still send the correct ST +- 1/10 messages even in standby.

- I did not have my wired remote with me to check, so I was not able to see if that is able to ‘spin the motor’ when in standby.. (or not).

I will try to test again when I next go to the boat, but I think this may be a function that is ony available from the “real’ control unit, and possibly not possible from a wired or Seatalk command.

Cheers
Dagnall

hdmanillac

Post by hdmanillac » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:26 am

Hello dagnall,

In use, I much prefer using the NMEA3WIFI keyboard on my smartphone than the ST1000+ keyboard. It saves me from memorizing key combinations. Better to type Wind, Track than the corresponding key combinations.

Congratulations again for this amazing feature.