App for iOS

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
eriknoed

App for iOS

Post by eriknoed » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi,
I use NMEA2WIFI to broadcast AIS from Garmin AIS-800, and the information is well received by OpenCPN running on Win as well as OSX.
I would like to find an iOS app to run on iPad or iPhone. Have tried iAIS from Digital Yacht without success (it becomes useless slow), and iNAVX with some succes: targets are received, but the standard zoom of the chart makes the observations useless and I do not find bying yet a Navionic chart ($100) an option.
Does anyone have experiences with apps for iPhone/iPad to receive AIS by NMEA2WIFI? With og without chart overlay.
Best,
Erik

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: App for iOS

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello Erik,

Unfortunately I do not use iOS and can not help you. Let us hope someone read this and gives information. I received a request from an user of Nmea4Wifi to make the Access Point IP configurable. Please see this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100

The reason was related to some apps on iOS but I do not remember which. If the problem you refer to is related to the AP IP address, please tell me and I could release a BIN file for Nmea2Wifi with such capability.

Regards, Luis

eriknoed

Post by eriknoed » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Luis,
Thanks for quick reply.
As regards iAIS on iPhone the IP might be the problem. On the screen for setting IP, the Host IP can be set when selecting TCP but the host-box disappear when selecting UDP; I assumed that UDP mode would use the entered IP in TCP mode, but that might not be right.
DigitalYacht discuss some IP matters here
https://digitalyacht.net/2016/12/05/tcp ... le-ios-10/
Perhaps I should try to change the IP of the AP to family like 192.168.1.1 if possible. If not: yes please the .. solution.
Best,
Erik

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:16 am

Hello Erik,

Returning to this subject and before I start a "not needed" change in the present Nmea2Wifi firmware, I remember that you have both Nmea2Wifi and Nmea4Wifi. I wonder if you could see it changing the default AP IP address in Nmea2Wifi solves the problem. If so, I could undertake a similar change on the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer.

Regards, Luis

eriknoed

Post by eriknoed » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello Luis,
Just read your suggestion, and I will reply in a couple of days - have to be on the boat.
Being there I first will check N4W operating with OpenCPN, and then with iAIS and iNavX.
Is there news about apps for iPhone/iPad?
All the best,
Erik

KerOzenn

Post by KerOzenn » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello

I've downloaded "NMEAremote" on my iPad and it's working perfectly to display the navigation datas (SPD, SOG COG TWA AWA TWS.........;)

Kind regards

jprieto

Post by jprieto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:53 am

I’m using TZiBoat from MaxSea/Furuno.
All functions working perfectly.