Smart Boat

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Leon

Smart Boat

Post by Leon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:59 pm

ok so I am still at home and away from the boat. I have tested the new device and sends simulation signal to my devices giving location as expected.

Now I want to test receiving wind data so I have loaded SmartBoat, a simple little app that should be reading the wind angle depth etc etc. For the life of me I can not get it to read anything.

So two points.
1. how can I get it to work
or
2. I don't care what app I use so long as its feee, is there a different app that will connect more easily. I have tried Seawii and that looks perfect but again I can not get to read the simulated data from nmea2wi unit.

just confirming the ais works fine on Navionics app. so that is fine.

what I want to achieve is th ability to read nmea183 data on my phone such as wind speed and direction. Location data etc is readable on the Navionics app with AIS data which is the primary purpose but I can't see a way to check wind speed and direction.

I have also tried Digital yachts app "Ionboard" but agin cannot get anything.............getting frustrated!
please can anyone help??

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Smart Boat

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello Leon,

With Navionics you can see your boat and AIS targets but not wind depth, etc.

SeaWi gives AIS and all data. You need to configure it right. Try UDP and port 2000. Once you got familiar with the SeaWi settings it is a very useful app. May be some other user can give feedback of other apps.

At your home you can use the simulation data to test the link "multiplexer to smarpphone". In your boat you also need to " connect" your sensor data to the multiplexer. You do not refer to that part.

Best Regards, Luis

Leon

Re: Smart Boat

Post by Leon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:15 pm

im sure I have I set to

IP port 2000
UDP Unicast
Generic wifi-mea 0183 device (nmea183 0nly)

I am trying it again now as I type and its the same nothing at all is getting through to the app.