Unable to join network “NMEA2WIFI”

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Mike

Unable to join network “NMEA2WIFI”

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:18 pm

Has anyone had problems with their iPad and/or iPhone joining the Wi-Fi network? I’ve tried all manner of settings, resetting the multiplexer and the ipad/phone , mobile data off, etc.. nothing seems to work. Same problem with both.

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Unable to join network “NMEA2WIFI”

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 am

Hello,

Problem was the multiplexer very close to the VHF rádio.

Luis

dagnall

Post by dagnall » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:18 pm
Has anyone had problems with their iPad and/or iPhone joining the Wi-Fi network? I’ve tried all manner of settings, resetting the multiplexer and the ipad/phone , mobile data off, etc.. nothing seems to work. Same problem with both.
Mike,
Did Luis's answer help- or do you still have problems?
How far apart and where are the iPhone / VHF / NMEA2WIFi units?

I have Ipad and Iphone and have had them working fine with both NMEA 2 and 4 . So I may be able to help with settings.
Sometimes it does take a few moments for the NMEAxWiFI to appear in the WI-FI settings list.
I find switching off Wifi and then on seems to usually make the iPhone rescan. Ditto the NMEAxWifi. But I assume you have tried this!.

Also do not forget that if the NMEAxWIFI is not connected to a network within 5 minutes of power up, it will switch off the Wi-Fi to save power- as it assumes its just being used for NMEA conversion.

I will try to check back to see any responses!
Cheers
Dagnall

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Hello Dagnall,

Yes, we exchanged emails. When the unit was due to return to me, the user just told me that the unit was 15cm near to the VHF radio and placing it a bit apart, everything was fine.

Regards, Luis

Sue_Leelu

Post by Sue_Leelu » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:02 pm

hi,i am currently cruising in the Netherlands and just got my nmea2wifi module

i tried to conect it, first successfully, then i tried to vchsnge the settings - i need a tcp connection to work eith my nv charts app

now i cant connect to the wifimofule snymore, a red led is blinking (probably ais data?)

- how doo i connect , maybe a reset?
- what do i need to do to connect via tcp ?

thank you and best regards, sue

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Hello,

Do you see the WiFi network Nmea2Wifi? Can you connect to it? If you say that the red led is blinking that means that the multiplexer is working and receiving a is data.

You can make a factory reset. Press and hold the switch on the PCB. All LEDs will go on. When they go off ( after 3 seconds) you can release the switch.

Hope you can solve your problem.

Regards, Luis