Receive data via Wifi and send it to a VHF station connected to Nmea2Wifi

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
Juanvi

Receive data via Wifi and send it to a VHF station connected to Nmea2Wifi

Post by Juanvi » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:56 pm

Good afternoon, I would appreciate if you could help me, after reading in the forum and trying in a thousand ways I cannot receive the Gps data via Wifi and transmit it to the station.

SETTING
Nmea2Wifi Versión 5.0 - firmware 6.6
GPS Furuno Elite FS7 IP address 192.168.1.45 Port 10110
Standard Horizon GX1300 transmitter
NMEA GPS Input (+) to B3
NMEA GPS Input (-) to A3
NMEA DSC Output (+) to A2
NMEA DSC Input (-) to B2

ALSO CONNECT TO EXTERNAL NETWORK

I am not sure how to configure the serial ports so that the GPS coordinates reach the VHF station

Thank you

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Receive data via Wifi and send it to a VHF station connected to Nmea2Wifi

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:18 pm

Hello,

You should check, first, that you receive GPS data using TPC. You can use Debug Mode for that. The GPS IP address is not important. What is important is to give the IP address of the multiplexer to the GPS. You are using the external network and you need to use a Static IP address for the multiplexer. I have no experience with the Foruno but please check if you can specify the IP address of the multiplexer. The multiplexer is a server and the GPS is a client. The client should know the IP address of the server.

Once you see the GPS sentences coming from TCP in the Debug window, you need to route TCP to P3 by checking the box TCP>P3.

Baud rate should be one that the VHF radio accepts.

NMEA GPS Input (+) from A3
NMEA GPS Input (-) from GND

Hope this helps, Luis