Freezer gasket

Discussions on how to get parts for the Beneteau Oceanis 40 sailing boat.
Luis Sa
Site Admin

Freezer gasket

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello,

I am trying to replace the gasket that goes under the lid of the freezer. As we may see the seal is not in good state.

gasket.jpg

I am looking for profiles that can be used. When I fix this I will complete this post.

Regards, Luis

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Freezer gasket

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello,

This is what I found about the gasket. The external size is 55 cm x 38,5 cm as shown here:

frigo2.jpg

Here is one corner:

frigo1.jpg

The gasket does not uses screws or glue. It is inserted in a recess as shown here:

frigo3.jpg

I made a sketch of the profile. The gasket itself has the dimensions of 12mm x 8mm:

frigo0.jpg

I will order this profile from China (AliExpress). It is the best that I could find:

frigo4.jpg

I will post here the progress on this problem.

Regards, Luis

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Hello,

The chinese were not good to cut and glue. The same with gaskets for aluminium windows and doors that I later found.

The best was a gasket from www.dsu-nl.com but because it was in black and also because of the shipping price, I decided to repair the old one. I reverse it's position and with a special glue I will used for a couple of years more.

Regards Luis

PheasantPluckersMate

Post by PheasantPluckersMate » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello All,

We have a Beneteau Oceanis 46 2007 Model and had the same issue. Our Freezer is a Vitrifrigo model which I suspect is similar to the one in this stream. We contacted Vitrifigo and although they do not sell the parts directly they did give me a vendor who could. We are based in the uk and as such we managed to source the part through Penguin - Penguin Refrigeration Ltd
Unit 2b, Alexandria Park
Penner Rd
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 1QY

It is due to arrive this week but had to provide details o the freezer door capacity etc along with photo's so if it doesn't fit I may well have to jury rig something on the lines of Luis's. I will update this to let you know how it goes.

Fitted the New Gasket - took ages to get the old one off because previous owners had glued it in place so ... preparation being everything we cleaned the old seal and glue away.
Fitting the new seal was easy and didn't need any sticky stuff to hold in place. My wife is very happy with the end result and if she is happy then so am I.