SeaTalk autopilot android App

Discussion and support for the Nmea3Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer with a full bidirectional SeaTalk1 input/output port.
Arnaud

SeaTalk autopilot android App

Post by Arnaud » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:08 pm

Hi,

Does anyone knows an android app able to remote control a Raymarine autopilot through wifi and NMEA3Wifi ?
(I mean +1 +10 -1 -10, jib, auto equivalent keys on an app)

I have a S3 raymarine autopilot central + ST6002 controler.

Thanks !

dagnall

Re: SeaTalk autopilot android App

Post by dagnall » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:28 pm

Hello Arnaud
That is a very good question!. I am afraid I do not have an easy quick answer.. !

I personally have an Iphone, Ipad and Iwatch so the NMEA3 was actually tested with the navCenter app and my Iwatch.
I also tried the mid Wifi app, but it was not as good.

Both have exactly the “autohelm Auto / standby +-1 /10 “ interface you want, and send the correct $STALK messages to the NMEA3, for it to convert to Seatalk. But neither do an android version.

I recently came across a (beta) Seatalk Raymarine plugin for OpenCPN that also does the same $STALK tyoe control, but I am not able to confirm it works, as I think it needs some feedback from the Autopilot. But it did send the Auto and Standby $STALK commands.

I need to ask the navCenter developer if he plans to provide an Android version..!

When we find an answer, we will post an update!!
Cheers
Dagnall

Byron

Post by Byron » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:49 am

Hi Arnaud

I would love to be able to find the time to write an Android version of navCenter but there are just not enough hours in the day. So far I have invested more than 1,000 hours writing navCenter and I have a lot more functionality that I wish to add to the app. NMEA2000 and AIS support are what I am working on right now.

I actually run navCenter for my boat on 2nd hand Apple devices. These can often be bought very cheaply as people upgrade. To run navCenter a device just needs to be able access WiFi it does not need a SIM card.

If you decide to get a 2nd hand iPhone / iPad to run navCenter then I would advise getting one that can run iOS16+. iPhone 8 (2017 or newer) should be fine.

Byron

Gege687

Post by Gege687 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:59 am

Bonjour
J’utilise le plugin pilote raymarine avec un opencpn installe sur un rpi4 et openplotter et ça fonctionne parfaitement.
Gerard

hdmanillac

Post by hdmanillac » Mon May 01, 2023 5:01 pm

La dernière version du firmware NMEA3WIFIV20_RC.BIN intègre une page web accessible à l'adresse 192.168.4.1/autopilot qui permet de télécommander les pilotes Raymarine ST en Seatalk1.